Pumpkin and Ricotta Gnocchi
- 300g pumpkin, cut into chunks
- ½ cup ricotta (full fat) – smooth (not solid), found in the dairy section.
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups of plain flour
- salt & pepper
- sage leaves (all in packet)
- 2 tbsp tarragon, chopped
- 50g butter
- parmesan, to serve.
- Begin by boiling the pumpkin until soft
- In the meantime, line a colander/sieve with paper towel
- Once the pumpkin is soft, drain and mash with hand masher.
- Place pumpkin on the paper towel and leave for 5 minutes (this step removes all of the moisture out of the pumpkin to allow for a perfect dough).
- Once drained, add ½ cup pureed pumpkin to a bowl. Add flour, egg, salt, and pepper and mix with a wooden spoon (may need to add more flour if too sticky)
- Once well combined, place dough on a bench dusted with flour.
- Roll dough into a thin log and cut desired gnocchi sizes
- Boil water in a medium-sized saucepan
- Once boiled, add gnocchi pieces. Taking them out as they reach the top surface.
- Heat a frypan on medium heat
- Add butter and herbs and leave for 1 minute
- Then add cooked gnocchi pieces and fry until golden on some sides (approx. 4 mins).
- Serve with Parmesan.