Veggie quinoa soup
2 carrots – grated, chopped into 1cm pieces
1 zucchini - chopped into 1cm pieces
2 small squash - cut into 1cm pieces
1 brown onion – peeled and diced
8 cloves of garlic – minced
2 stalks of celery chopped into 1 cm pieces
¾ tsp of dried thyme
½ tsp of chilli powder
2 cups of water
4 cups of stock of choice
1 can chickpeas
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 cup of tricoloured quinoa
1 bunch of chopped leafy greens of choice (silverbeet, bok coy, kale, spinach etc.)
1. Add chopped vegetables to a large saucepan with olive oil
2. Cook for about 5 min or onion is transparent
3. Add garlic and thyme and stir. Leave for 1 min.
4. Add crushed tomatoes and cook for another minute.
5. Add stock, water, quinoa and bring to the boil.
6. Simmer for 30 minutes.
7. Stir through chickpea, chopped green and squeeze the lemon. Serve!