Immune boosting shitake bone broth soup
The ultimate combination of immune boosting ingredients!
This recipe contains a variety of foods that will boost your immune system and go a long way in helping to reduce the severity of colds during those winter months.
4 cloves of garlic, minced
Bunch of spring onions chopped into 1cm pieces
1 nob of ginger, grated
1 packet of soba noodles (optional)
1 cup of cubed GMO-free, organic tofu
4 cups of water
2 cups of dried shitake mushrooms
½ cup miso paste
2 tbsp. of bone broth paste (I use the turmeric 'Best of the bone').
1. Refer to dried mushroom pack; these will need to be soaked in hot water, then rinsed. Keep the remaining water aside for the soup.
2. Add olive oil, garlic, ginger and spring onions to a frypan on low heat. Saute until they become fragrant, approximately 3 mins.
3. Add the tofu and mushrooms, frequently stirring for another 3 mins.
4. Place a ½ cup of warm (not boiling) water and miso paste in a small bowl and stir.
5. Including the water use to soak the mushrooms, add a total of 6 cups of water.
6. Add the bone broth and miso paste as well as noodles if using.
7. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 30-40 mins
8. Season and serve!