Vegan cauliflower and potato curry
The weather is getting cooler, and so naturally we start to look for foods that are going to warm us up. Curries are the perfect thing for this as thespices involved are often warming and fantastic for promting circulation.
This recipe is winner for everyone, gluten free, dairy free and vegan/vegeterian. So if you have 'that friend' coing for dinner who is impossible to cook for, you can't go wrong with this cauliflower and potato curry.
2 potatoes – peeled and cut into cubes
1/2 cauliflower floret – roughly chopped
1 brown onion – diced
4 garlic cloves – minced
1 nob of garlic – peeled and grated
1 can of chickpeas
1 can on coconut milk
1 cup of vegan/vegetarian stock
2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ground cumin
1 heaped tablespoon of curry paste (I used masaman)
2 tablespoon of tomato paste
1. In a large dish, fry onion with olive oil on medium heat for 2 mins
2. Add garlic and cook for a further 2 mins
3. Add cauliflower, potatoes, chickpeas, and spices, salt, stirring through for a minute until the vegetables are well coated in the spices.
4. Pour in the milk and stock, adding the pastes along with it.
5. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
6. Cook for 20 mins or until vegetables are soft.
7. Serve with brown rice, quinoa, coconut yogurt and coriander!