Spring Detox Salad
The most important included food group is cruciferous vegetables that are excellent sources of fiber, vitamins, and minerals and are especially relevant for detoxification as they alter induction of phase one and two detoxification enzymes and protect against reactive oxygen species.
⁃ 2 carrots
⁃ 2 stalks of celery
⁃ 1/2 cup of almonds
⁃ 4 radishes
⁃ 1/2 red cabbage
⁃ 1 cucumber
⁃ 1 tomato
⁃ Mixed lettuce leaves
⁃ Mint leaves
⁃ Coriander leaves
⁃ ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar (GET YOURS HERE)
⁃ Juice of half a lemon
⁃ ¼ cup of tamari
⁃ A swig of olive oil
1. Wash necessary foods first.
2. Dice up the vegetables
3. Mix the ingredients for the dressing and add.
4. What you don’t use place in an airtight container will last a few days.
5. When ready to serve to add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
6. Either have as is, or serve with a piece of grilled fish or chicken for dinner.
• Spend more time outside
• Spring clean your home from dust and molds
• Try dry brushing to assist detoxification
• Increase light exercise such as yoga and walking
• Don't opt for a quick fix "lemon detox" or juice fast
• Don't attempt detox if you suffer from recurrent illness very poor vitality/energy or stress
Jade is a final year Naturopathy student at the Southern School of Natural Therapies. She is currently practicing in the student clinic on their Fitzroy Campus.