500g of sweet potatoes, chopped roughly
12 medjool dates, pitted
5 tablespoons of 100% maple syrup
1 cup of ground almond meal
2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
½ cup of walnuts, chopped
a pinch of salt
1 cup of rolled oats
8 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons of nut butter
3/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
Blueberries or raspberries for the top (optional)
1. Begin by placing the sweet potato on 180oC oven tray and bake for 25 mins or until soft and can be broken apart.
2. In the meantime, place the rolled oats into a nutribullet or food processor, and blitz until fine.
3. Add the ground oats into a large bowel with almond meal, salt, walnuts and 6 tbs of cacao powder.
4. When the potato is cooked, place them along with 4 tbs of maple syrup, ½ cup of coconut oil and 12 dates in a food processor or nutribullet.
5. When this makes a smooth paste, place in the bowl with dry ingredients.
6. Place in Brownie tin and bake for 45 mins.
7. In the meantime, to make the icing place mix ¼ cup of coconut oil, 1 tbs of maple syrup, almond butter and 2 tbs of cacao powder.
8. When the brownie is cooked, carefully remove from tin. Spread icing over the top when it has cooled down, decorating with berries as you please. Serve!